More Website Traffic. You’ve most likely received an email promising Search Engine Optimization services and fantastic results for More Website Traffic. The truth is – Search Engine Optimization isn’t rocket science. Play by the basic rules and you can get good results yourself.
Table of Contents
Get More Website Traffic than Bejing Rush Hour
Need a boost of visitors to your website? Getting website traffic should be your number 1 priority if you want to be successful online. It is important that you get targeted traffic. If you don’t get traffic you won’t make money.
Getting website traffic for free just takes hard work.
There is NO MAGIC BULLET when it comes to website traffic. It’s all about hard work or paying for ads.
Driving traffic to a website requires a combination of strategies and tactics. Here are 100 tips to help you increase website traffic:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Focus on high-quality, keyword-rich content.
- Use long-tail keywords.
- Optimize your website for mobile devices.
- Create an XML sitemap.
- Submit your sitemap to Google and Bing.
- Optimize your images with alt tags.
- Use descriptive and SEO-friendly URLs.
- Optimize your website’s meta titles and descriptions.
- Use header tags (H1, H2, H3) to structure your content.
- Implement schema markup for rich snippets.
- Build high-quality backlinks.
- Guest post on authoritative websites.
- Monitor and improve your website’s loading speed.
- Conduct keyword research regularly.
- Create a blog and update it consistently.
- Optimize your website for local SEO.
- Leverage Google My Business for local visibility.
- Use Google Search Console to track performance.
- Use Google Analytics to analyze traffic data.
- Optimize for voice search.
- Create cornerstone content.
- Conduct competitor analysis.
- Remove or update outdated content.
- Implement a 301 redirect for broken links.
- Consider HTTPS for security and SEO benefits.
- Produce high-quality, informative, and engaging content.
- Write compelling headlines and titles.
- Use visuals, such as images, infographics, and videos.
- Tell stories to connect with your audience.
- Use bullet points and lists for readability.
- Update and repurpose old content.
- Create evergreen content.
- Conduct original research and publish findings.
- Address common questions and problems in your niche.
- Share personal experiences and insights.
- Interview industry experts.
- Use social proof and case studies.
- Create how-to guides and tutorials.
- Develop a content calendar for consistency.
- Add a call-to-action (CTA) to each piece of content.
Social Media Promotion
- Share your content on relevant social media platforms.
- Use eye-catching visuals on social media.
- Schedule posts at optimal times.
- Engage with your audience through comments and messages.
- Run social media contests and giveaways.
- Collaborate with influencers in your niche.
- Use relevant hashtags.
- Share user-generated content.
- Cross-promote with other businesses.
- Invest in social media advertising.
- Build and segment your email list.
- Send personalized email campaigns.
- Use compelling subject lines.
- A/B test email content and designs.
- Send regular newsletters.
- Share exclusive content with subscribers.
- Implement email automation.
- Include social sharing buttons in emails.
- Monitor email open and click-through rates.
- Clean your email list regularly.
- Use Google Ads for targeted search traffic.
- Run Facebook and Instagram ads.
- Experiment with display advertising.
- Try native advertising on relevant platforms.
- Use retargeting campaigns.
- Set a clear budget and goals for advertising.
- Monitor and optimize ad performance.
- Use compelling ad copy and visuals.
- Consider video advertising on platforms like YouTube.
- Test different ad formats and placements.
- Join online forums and communities in your niche.
- Participate in discussions and provide value.
- Share your content when relevant.
- Create and moderate your own online community.
- Network with industry professionals.
- Attend conferences and events.
- Collaborate with complementary businesses.
- Offer webinars or workshops.
- Provide free resources or tools.
- Respond to comments and engage with your audience.
- Ensure your website is mobile-responsive.
- Improve website loading speed.
- Optimize images and videos for faster loading.
- Implement a CDN (Content Delivery Network).
- Enable browser caching.
- Use responsive design.
- Fix broken links and 404 errors.
- Implement an SSL certificate for security.
- Optimize your website’s code.
- Compress large files for quicker downloads.
Analytics and Monitoring
- Set up Google Analytics to track website traffic.
- Monitor user behavior and conversion rates.
- Use heatmaps to understand user interactions.
- Analyze traffic sources and demographics.
- Set up Google Alerts for brand mentions.
- Monitor social media mentions.
- Track email campaign performance.
- Use UTM parameters to track marketing campaigns.
- Conduct A/B testing on website elements.
- Regularly review and adjust your traffic strategies based on data.
WordPress – More Website Traffic
Ensure you use a great website platform like WordPress. This makes a big difference and set it up correctly – Hint: Permalinks.
WordPress is good for setting up your website.
A couple of tips:
Use the Yoast SEO Plugin
Get your permalink structure right
Keep the layout simple and easy to manage and follow
Optimize your images for speed
Don’t use heaps of Plugins
Don’t get distracted by themes. Choose and use a simple one.
The B ‘G’ Maps
Ensure your business is listed on Google Maps. This also makes a big difference in the eyes of Google and let’s them know your business is legitimate.
Remember – you can’t do this as a part-time gig. It’s a full-time business.
Ensure your website it optimized for mobile. You can do this free if you are using WordPress.
Just install a mobile compatible plugin.
Or use a theme that is already prepared for mobile.
Make sure you have a blog and ensure it gets updated regularly. This keeps your site fresh and keeps people coming back.
Face it – if you cannot do this on a regular basis and write up to 1500 words each time you make a post – you have ‘buckleys chance’ of dominating your niche.
Don’t fall for those Search Engine marketing so called experts. They are likely to do more damage than good to your website.
So if you want more website traffic then content is going to help.
Create Facebook and Linked In accounts and link back to your site. These 2 are important as well as some of the other large social media sites.
Getting a social media presence also makes a big difference to how Google views your business.
Create a blog on eBay. Ebay gets tons of traffic. In fact, eBay has to be one of the big hitters when it comes to traffic. You can put a blog on there and get on the front page of the blog page straight away.
Write a good heading, write some good content and BAM!, you will get some hits. OK, there are a few rules so make sure you read them first.
Join a forum in your niche and participate. This means working hard to add informative posts and help others out. As you become more popular you, yourself will learn a lot more and your experience will grow.
Feed this back into your community. Help others and people will see that you know what you are talking about and you will make sales.
Find keywords in your niche and create a page for every one of them. This will take sometime; however, as you add more and more pages, you will gradually pick up more traffic through organic search.
Well worth it in the long term.
Exchange Links with others. This is very effective. Find people who have sites that are of a similar nature to yours. Send them an email and see if they are willing to exchange links.
You will be amazed how well this works in the long term as both of your websites grow. Well worth the effort.
Focus on your statistics. Ensure you have a tracking device on your web pages so you can find out exactly where your traffic is coming from. You need to know so you can replicate your efforts in the most effective place.
If you get a lot of traffic using one method then it is time to repeat that method over and over again.
Check Your Logs
Use reports and logs from your web hosting company to see where your traffic is coming from.
Analyse your visitor location and their incoming sources whether search engines or links from other sites and the keywords they used to find you.
Link To Blogs
When you write a new article on your site – link to as many blogs as possible – they will likely see your site in their pingbacks, website stats, or Technorati They will visit your site and possibly subscribe to it and link back at a later date.
Have The Wrong Opinion
Have the opposite opinion on everyone else on a popular topic, providing you can justify it. Everyone will get annoyed and link to you saying your wrong.
Hold a crazy content contest and make it go viral. Promote it through forums in your niche.
If you have a monetary prize – it will generate lots of traffic.
Videos are an incredibly powerful way to drive traffic and grab attention for your products or services. Depending on your level of experience, creating a video could take a fair bit of time.
There are important things to remember when creating videos. No doubt you know the best place to submit videos is www.YouTube.com.
Add an RSS feed to your blog. This is not that hard but will take you a while to work out how to do it if you are not ‘tech’ savvy.
Master Of None
Got a blog? Got a Website? What is it about?
Is it about everything?
Have you heard the saying – “Jack of all trades Master of None?” This is critical at start up phase. Your blog needs to be narrowly targeted.
If it is about Cars – Narrow it further. Make it about high performance luxury cars.
If it is about Craft – Make it about Craft for kids.
Got the idea?
Focus on doing this first, until you start getting lots of repeat readers and then slowly start to broaden your topics.
People need to know exactly what your blog is about as soon as they arrive. Visitors that are interested in your topic or niche, will hang around, bookmark it, and come back again.
They are un-targeted traffic so are unlikely to buy your product and you will need to be a very good salesperson to convince them otherwise.
The CONTENT Part
This means writing excellent content. Time and time again you see this on the internet.
But, have you actually done it? Or, have you written rubbish?
‘Bust your guts’ finding good quality information. Don’t just post for the sake of it.
Do some research whenever you post and dig deep to find out what works and what doesn’t. Then test your ideas yourself and give feedback to your audience.
Facts are much more powerful than ‘dribble’ regenerated from someone else’s blog.
Oi – OVER HERE!
Which one of these titles is better?
A new Traffic Tip
HEY – YOU…….psssssttt check this TOP SECRET traffic tip to meltdown your server…….!!!
OK, it sounds a bit unbelievable, however, it creates more interest. The key is to grab the reader’s attention while being able to promise what you are saying you can do and deliver.
The title of your post is very important. A good title will not only attract attention, but it will pick up relevant keywords in the search engines. Check out your title using the Google Keyword Tool to see what keywords you are competing for. There may be an alternative choice that will bring you good traffic through organic search.
Yes, this takes a bit of time, but hey – this time will come back in droves of traffic.
Also, you should have your blog set to permalinks so that the keywords are in the URL. Check this out more here. If you haven’t done this – do it now. This is very important for Search Engine Results.
Then, use keywords in your titles – but make the title have IMPACT. Obviously you don’t want to jam 10 keywords in a title because it will just sound ridiculous.
THINK carefully about your title.
Make Sure Your Blog Looks Professional – Design is everything.
Is it really looking good? You know – really good?
Have you used a dodgy template?
The visual appearance is the first thing that people see when they visit.
It needs to;
- Be easy on the eye
- Be easy to read
- Have clean lines
- Have complementary colors
- Load fast.
Research shows – when selling a product, in order of importance, price comes first and the appearance comes second.
The same goes for your Blog. OK, it is free to visit, but the next aspect in line is appearance.
If it doesn’t do any of these things – you are immediately behind the eight ball and you might as well – go back to your day job.
Gobble, Gobble, Google.
Get every page or post indexed as fast as possible.
If you don’t know the important of indexing – then you probably shouldn’t be trying to make money online. Google picking up your keywords is a great way to get free traffic. In fact – this has to be one of the best ways!
It is free and it just keeps coming.
If you don’t know the important of indexing – then you probably shouldn’t be trying to make money online.
Indexing your post is easy – go to Digg and submit it. Chances are it will get indexed overnight.
Simple – do it for every post.
What – You Again?
Add value through good features, good content, good graphics and replying to those that comment. Make it a good place to hang out and people will return.
Make sure you have a search tool so your frequent visitors can find what they want.
Participate in the comments made by your visitors. This shows interest in them and creates a community around your blog. This will encourage others to join in.
Update on a regular basis – There is nothing worse than returning to a blog after 2 weeks to find it has still not been updated.
However – remember you want to add some good quality content not just waffle. No one likes a waffler, they switch off at the drop of a hat.
So make sure you spend the time to research your topic and provide quality.
Post links to your blog on other blogs in the comments sections. This is targeting your audience. They will click your links and visit. Give it time – they will come.
You can find other blogs in your niche by using Blog search or typing relevant keywords in Google and going through the results.
Are You The Social Type?
To do this, you need to sign up to several communities and participate. Attract people to your blog through making comments on other people’s sites and looking at other people’s sites.
This is hard work. You can’t sign up to them all.
However – add quality to the ones that you do set up. Don’t just set up a profile and hope that people will flock your way – because they won’t. You need to participate in the community before people will take an interest in what you are doing.
Ever thought about the way you speak to others? If you are writing articles then chances are your articles will be similar to how you speak. Are you dribbling on and boring us to tears?
No one is going to read it. You need PASSION, EXCITEMENT & INTERESTING STUFF to grab people’s attention. This is essential.
Articles are a great way of attracting visitors.
However, you need to be able to reel them in like you are reeling in the ‘big one’. Make them want to read more, dig deeper and find out more. This is the key to getting them to click through to your site.
Articles also get sucked up by the Big G pretty quickly. They get indexed fast and are a good ’sales pitch’ to your site or blog. Attract people through good quality articles and you will get visitors.
To do this, you need to sign up to several communities and participate.
What is the name of your website?
Does your domain look like this?
What sort of a shambles is that? You want to make people take notice.
This might be better
A real domain and plenty of character. Then you can set your graphics off to match.
This is highly recommended. It looks much more professional and will make a big difference to the response that people make to your site. They see you are serious and are in for the long haul. Not only that, you should make it easy to remember.
Your Opinion Counts
Make comments on other people’s blogs. This shows you are participating in the community and making an effort.
People in your niche will be attracted to your QUALITY comments that provide something decent to read and BANG ! Over they will come to check you out.
You need WORLD CLASS quality ideas and content that people are just dying to hear. Content that is unique, hard to find, new, great to read and informative. Something that your readers can apply to their lives.
Just apply these ideas and you will start to get traffic.
Yes – it is gonna take some sweaty work, but hey, if you are not keen to put some hard yards in, Internet Marketing and making money online is not for you.