Margins can make or break your MS Word document or report. Adjusting the margins is relatively simple. Follow the steps below.
Table of Contents
Fast Reference Steps
If you need to fix margins in Microsoft Word, check out thee fast reference steps below.
- Open your document.
- Go to the “Layout” or “Page Layout” tab on the ribbon
- Look for the “Margins” option
- click on “Custom Margins” for more control
- A dialog box will appear
- adjust the margins for the top, bottom, left, and right sides of the page.
- Enter specific measurements or use the visual preview to drag margin boundaries
- Click “OK” to apply the new margins to your document.
Fix Margins in Microsoft Word in Images
If you are using Microsoft Word and need to fix the margins – this is how you do it.
Just click on Layout > Margins > and then the type or size of margin you want.
Review the image below.
You can also type in the size directly in the measurements box. Review the second image below.
A More Detailed Step by Step Way
To adjust margins in Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
- First, open your document.
- Then, go to the “Layout” or “Page Layout” tab on the ribbon at the top of the window.
- Look for the “Margins” option, where you can choose predefined margin settings or click on “Custom Margins” for more control.
- A dialog box will appear, allowing you to adjust the margins for the top, bottom, left, and right sides of the page.
- You can input specific measurements or use the visual preview to drag the margin boundaries.
- After making your adjustments, click “OK” to apply the new margins to your document.
This simple process allows you to fine-tune your document’s layout and formatting according to your preferences.
Need More Help?
That should fix it. If it doesn’t work for you – leave a comment.